To be eligible for a license to engage in the practice of occupational therapy, the applicant must:
(1) Be of good moral character;
(2) Have successfully completed the academic requirements of an educational program for Occupational Therapists or Occupational Therapy Assistants that is accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association's Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) or its predecessor organizations;
(3) Have successfully completed a period of supervised fieldwork experience required by the recognized educational institution where he or she met the academic requirements;
(4) Have passed an examination approved by the board;
(5) Have filed an application on forms provided by the board; and
(6) Have paid the applicable fee.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.