(1) Holds a license or other authorization to practice in another state which was granted after completion of educational requirements substantially equivalent to those required in this state and passed an examination that is substantially equivalent to the examination required in this state;
(2) Does not have charges pending against his or her license or other authorization to practice, and has never had a license or other authorization to practice revoked;
(3) Has not previously failed an examination for professional licensure in this state;
(4) Has paid the applicable fee;
(5) Is a citizen of the United States or is eligible for employment in the United States;
(6) Has presented a certificate of health issued by a licensed physician; and
(7) Has fulfilled any other requirement specified by the board.
(b) In its discretion, the board may examine a person by a written, oral or skills test for licensing under this section, and may enter into agreements for reciprocal licensing with other jurisdictions having substantially similar requirements for licensure.
(c) The provisions of this section do not apply to nail technicians or manicurists from another state or jurisdiction. A nail technician or manicurist from another state or jurisdiction is required to show that he or she has completed the required curriculum and has successfully passed the board's practical skills examination to apply for licensure under the provisions of this article.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2012 1st Special Session