(1) Is at least eighteen years of age;
(2) Is of good moral character;
(3) Has a high school diploma, a GED, or has passed the "ability to benefit test" approved by the United States Department of Education;
(4) Has graduated from a school which has been approved by the board;
(5) Has passed an examination that tests the applicant's knowledge of subjects specified by the board: Provided, That the board may recognize a certificate or similar license in lieu of the examination or part of the examination that the board requires;
(6) Has paid the applicable fee;
(7) Presents a certificate of health from a licensed physician;
(8) Is a citizen of the United States or is eligible for employment in the United States; and
(9) Has fulfilled any other requirement specified by the board.
(b) A license to practice issued by the board prior to July 1, 2009, shall for all purposes be considered a professional license issued under this article: Provided, That a person holding a license issued prior to July 1, 2009, must renew the license pursuant to the provisions of this article.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2012 1st Special Session