(a) The board shall propose rules for legislative approval, in accordance with the provisions of article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code, to implement the provisions of this article, including:
(1) Standards and requirements for licenses, permits, certificates and registrations;
(2) Procedures for examinations and reexaminations;
(3) Requirements for third parties to prepare and/or administer examinations and reexaminations;
(4) Educational and experience requirements;
(5) The passing grade on the examinations;
(6) Standards for approval of courses and curriculum;
(7) Procedures for the issuance and renewal of licenses, permits, certificates and registrations;
(8) A fee schedule;
(9) Continuing education requirements for professional licensees and certificate holders;
(10) The procedures for denying, suspending, revoking, reinstating or limiting the practice of licensees, permitees, certificate holders and registrants;
(11) Designating the regions for investigators/inspectors;
(12) Criteria for the training of investigators/inspectors;
(13) Requirements for investigations and inspections;
(14) Requirements for inactive or revoked licenses, permits, certificates and registrations;
(15) Establishing the training program and requirements for instructors for schools licensed under this article;
(16) Establishing operating procedures for salons; and
(17) Any other rules necessary to effectuate the provisions of this article.
(b) All of the board's rules in effect on July 1, 2009, shall remain in effect until they are amended or repealed, and references to provisions of former enactments of this article are interpreted to mean provisions of this article.
(c) The board is authorized to file an emergency rule for the implementation of its fee schedule in 2009.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2013 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.