(b) The board may issue a school license to own and/or operate a school, if the applicant meets the following requirements:
(1) A completed application in writing on forms prescribed by the board, which forms have been signed and verified by the applicant;
(2) Is professionally competent and financially responsible;
(3) Posts a bond in an amount specified by the board;
(4) There is proof that adequate physical facilities will be available for the school;
(5) The proposed school has been inspected by an investigator/inspector to determine whether it is properly fitted and equipped for instruction in the specific fields to be offered;
(6) That persons teaching or instructing at the school are certified by the board as fully qualified instructors; and
(7) Has paid the appropriate fees.
(c) If an applicant desires to own and/or operate more than one school, a separate application shall be made and a separate school license shall be issued for each school.
(d) The board may suspend, revoke or refuse to renew the school license of any school failing to meet the minimum standards and qualifications required for the issuance of an original school license, as set out in this section.
(e) All school licenses must be renewed annually or biennially on or before January 1 and pay a renewal fee.
(f) A license to operate a school issued by the board prior to January 1, 2009, shall for all purposes be considered a school license issued under this article: Provided, That a person holding a school license issued prior to January 1, 2009, must renew the license pursuant to the provisions of this article.
(g) The school license shall be permanently displayed in the school, and a suitable sign shall be displayed at the main entrance of the school plainly indicating what type of school is being operated.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2012 1st Special Session