(a) Prior to commencing studies in a licensed school, a student shall acquire a student registration issued by the board.
(b) An applicant for a student registration shall present satisfactory evidence that he or she meets the following conditions:
(1) Is enrolled as a student in a licensed school;
(2) Is of good moral character;
(3) Has paid the required fee;
(4) Has presented a certificate of health issued by a licensed physician; and
(5) Is a citizen of the United States or is eligible for employment in the United States.
(c) The student registration is good during the prescribed period of study for the student.
(d) The student may perform acts constituting barbering, barber permanent waving, cosmetology, aesthetics or nail care in a school under the general supervision of a master or certified instructor.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.