(a) The board may issue a work permit to practice to an applicant who meets the following conditions:
(1) Has graduated from a licensed school approved by the West Virginia Council for Community and Technical College Education or has completed education requirements in another state and meets the licensure provisions of the board;
(2) Is waiting to take the examination;
(3) Has employment in the field in which he or she applied to take the examination and is working under the general supervision of a professional licensee;
(4) Has paid the work permit fee;
(5) Has presented a certificate of health issued by a licensed physician;
(6) Is a citizen of the United States or is eligible for employment in the United States; and
(7) Meets all the other requirements specified by the board.
(b) A work permit expires at the end of the month after issuance following the next examination in the specific field. A work permit may be renewed once.
(c) While in effect, a work permitee is subject to the restrictions and requirements imposed by this article.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.