§30-27-11. Work permit.
(a) The board may issue a work permit to practice to an applicant who meets the following conditions:
(1) Has graduated from a licensed school approved by the West Virginia Council for Community and Technical College Education (CCTCE), Department of Education in conjunction with CCTCE or Department of Education with the Department of Corrections or has completed education requirements in another state and meets the licensure provisions of the board;
(2) Is waiting to take the examination;
(3) Has employment in the field in which he or she applied to take the examination and is working under the general supervision of a professional licensee;
(4) Has paid the work permit fee;
(5) Has presented a certificate of health issued by a licensed physician;
(6) Is a citizen of the United States or is eligible for employment in the United States; and
(7) Meets all the other requirements specified by the board.
(b) A work permit expires at the end of the month after issuance following the next examination in the specific field. A work permit may be renewed once.
(c) While in effect, a work permitee is subject to the restrictions and requirements imposed by this article.Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session