(a) The board shall propose rules for legislative approval, in accordance with the provisions of article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code, to implement the provisions of this article, including:
(1) Standards and requirements for licenses and permits;
(2) Procedures for examinations and reexaminations;
(3) Requirements for third parties to prepare and/or administer examinations and reexaminations;
(4) Educational and experience requirements;
(5) The passing grade on the examinations;
(6) Standards for approval of courses and curriculum;
(7) Procedures for the issuance and renewal of licenses and permits;
(8) Procedures to address substandard quality of care notices from the West Virginia Office of Health Facility Licensure;
(9) A fee schedule;
(10) Procedure to publish a notice of a disciplinary hearing against a licensee;
(11) Continuing education requirements for licensees;
(12) The procedures for denying, suspending, restricting, revoking, reinstating or limiting the practice of licensees and permittees;
(13) Adoption of a standard for ethics;
(14) Requirements for inactive or revoked licenses or permits; and
(15) Any other rules necessary to effectuate the provisions of this article.
(b) All of the board's rules in effect on July 1, 2010, shall remain in effect until they are amended or repealed, and references to provisions of former enactments of this article are interpreted to mean provisions of this article.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.