(1) Be of good moral character;
(2) Have a high school diploma or its equivalent;
(3) Not have been convicted of a felony under the laws of any state or the United States within five years preceding the date of application for licensure, which conviction remains unreversed;
(4) Not have been convicted of a misdemeanor or a felony under the laws of any state or the United States at any time if the offense for which the applicant was convicted related to the practice of Medical Imaging, which conviction remains unreversed.
(5) Meet one of the following qualifications:
(A) Have a baccalaureate or associate degree in one of the physical or biological sciences pertaining to the Medical Imaging or Radiation Therapy profession;
(B) Have a baccalaureate or associate degree in other disciplines of Medical Imaging with successful completion of courses in the following areas: college algebra, physics or chemistry, human anatomy, physiology, and radiation safety;
(C) National certification as a certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist (CNMT);
(D) National certification as a Registered Radiographer (ARRT (R));
(E) National certification as a Registered Radiographer specializing in Nuclear Medicine (ARRT (N)); or
(F) National certification as a Radiation Therapist (ARRT(T));
(6) Pass an examination which has been approved by the board, with a minimum passing score of seventy-five percent, which examination shall cover the basic subject matter of medical imaging, radiation safety, skills and techniques as it pertains to Nuclear Medicine.
(b) A person seeking a Nuclear Medicine Technology license shall submit an application on a form prescribed by the board and pay the license fee, which fee shall be returned to the applicant if the license application is denied.
(c) A Nuclear Medicine Technology license issued by the board prior to the first day of July, two thousand seven, shall for all purposes be considered a license issued under this article: Provided, That a person holding a Nuclear Medicine Technology license issued prior to the first day of July, two thousand seven, must renew the license pursuant to the provisions of this article.