The scope of practice for a Radiation Therapist includes the following:
(1) Providing Radiation Therapy services by contributing as an essential member of the radiation oncology treatment team through provision of total quality care of each patient undergoing a prescribed course of treatment;
(2) Evaluating and assessing treatment delivery components;
(3) Providing Radiation Therapy treatment delivery services to cure or improve the quality of life of patients by accurately delivering a prescribed course of treatment;
(4) Evaluating and assessing daily, the physical and emotional status of each patient to treatment delivery;
(5) Maintaining values congruent with the profession's Code of Ethics and scope of practice as well as adhering to national, institutional and/or departmental standards, policies and procedures regarding treatment delivery and patient care; and
(6) Performing any other duties that the board authorizes for a Radiation Therapist.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2013 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.