(a) The board shall propose rules for legislative approval, in accordance with the provisions of article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code, to implement the provisions of this article, including:
(1) Standards and requirements for licenses and permits;
(2) Procedures for examinations and reexaminations;
(3) Requirements for third parties to prepare or administer, or both, examinations and reexaminations;
(4) Educational and experience requirements;
(5) The passing grade on the examinations;
(6) Standards for approval of courses and curriculum;
(7) Procedures for the issuance and renewal of licenses and permits;
(8) A fee schedule;
(9) The scope of practice and supervision of physical therapist assistants;
(10) Responsibilities of a physical therapist and physical therapist assistant concerning the practice and supervision of physical therapy aides;
(11) Continuing education requirements for licensees;
(12) Establishing a maximum ratio of physical therapist assistants, or physical therapy aides involved in the practice of physical therapy, or any combinations that can be supervised by a physical therapist at any one time;
(13) Exceptions to the ratio of physical therapist assistants a physical therapist may supervise including emergencies, safety and temporary situations;
(14) Permitting a physical therapist assistant to directly supervise a physical therapy aide in an emergency situation;
(15) The procedures for denying, suspending, restricting, revoking, reinstating or limiting the practice of licensees and permittees;
(16) Adopt a standard for ethics;
(17) Requirements for inactive or revoked licenses or permits; and
(18) Any other rules necessary to effectuate the provisions of this article.
(b) The board shall promulgate emergency rules pursuant to the provisions of section fifteen, article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code, to establish a maximum ratio of physical therapist assistants, or physical therapy aides involved in the practice of physical therapy, or any combinations that can be supervised by a physical therapist at any one time.
(c) All of the board's rules in effect on July 1, 2010, shall remain in effect until they are amended or repealed and references to provisions of former enactments of this article are interpreted to mean provisions of this article.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.