(a) Each of the following acts shall constitute a misdemeanor, punishable upon conviction by a fine of not less than one hundred dollars nor more than five hundred dollars, or by imprisonment in the county jail for not less than thirty days nor more than one year, or both, in the discretion of the court, and each day any person shall so violate any provisions of this article shall constitute a separate and distinct offense:
(1) The obtaining of or attempt to obtain a license by the use of fraud, deceit or willful misrepresentation;
(2) The practice, or attempting to practice, as a chiropractor without a license granted under the provisions of this article, or practicing or attempting to practice while said license is suspended, or after said license has been revoked;
(3) The use of any title to induce belief that the user of said title is engaged in the practice of chiropractic, if the user of said title has not fully complied with the provisions of this article;
(4) The buying, selling or fraudulent procurement of any diploma of, or license to practice, chiropractic;
(5) The violation of any provision of this article regulating the practice of chiropractors.
(b) A person shall not engage in the practice of chiropractic or hold himself or herself out as qualified to practice chiropractic or use any title, word or abbreviation to indicate to or induce others to believe that he or she is licensed to chiropractic in this state unless he or she is actually licensed under the provisions of this article. Any person who violates the provisions of this subsection is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof, shall be fined not more than one thousand dollars, or imprisoned in the county jail not more than three months, or both fined and imprisoned.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.