(a) All holders of certificates of license to practice chiropractic in this state shall renew them annually on or before the first day of July of each year by:
(1) Paying the board an annual renewal fee in an amount determined by the board;
(2) Returning the renewal application form with all required information complete and accurate; and
(3) Presenting to the board evidence of completion of at least eighteen hours of continuing education each year of which up to six hours may be mandated in special subjects by the board.
(b) The board shall propose rules for legislative approval in accordance with the provisions of article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code, establishing all additional continuing education requirements and all criteria for fulfillment of the continuing education requirements.
(c) The board shall notify each certificate holder by mail, at least thirty days prior to the first day of July of each year, of the necessity of renewing his or her certificate. Failure to renew a certificate of license to practice chiropractic operates as an automatic suspension of the rights and privileges granted by its issuance.
(d) A certificate or license suspended by a failure to make the required annual renewal may be reinstated by the board, except as provided in subsection (e) of this section, upon:
(1) Presentation of evidence of completion of the required hours of continuing education for each year the license has been suspended; and
(2) Payment of all fees that would have been paid if the certificate holder had maintained the certificate in good standing and the payment to the board of a reinstatement fee in an amount to be determined by the board.
(e) No certificate may be reinstated after a lapse of two years. After a lapse of two years, a license may be issued only after the former certificate holder, subsequent to the lapse, has fulfilled all other requirements of licensure as set forth in section six of this article and has passed the national special purposes examination for chiropractic examination.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2013 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.