(a) The board shall enforce the provisions of this article and the rules adopted under this article. If any person refuses to obey any decision or order of the board, the board or, upon the request of the board, the attorney general or the appropriate prosecuting attorney, may file an action for the enforcement of the decision or order, including injunctive relief, in the circuit court of the county of residence of the person. After due hearing, the court shall order the enforcement of the decision or order, or any part thereof, if legally and properly made by the board and where appropriate, injunctive relief. The board is authorized to issue a cease and desist order to restrain any person or any corporation or association and its officers and directors from violating the provisions of this article.
(b) Each of the following acts is a misdemeanor, punishable upon conviction by a fine of not less than five hundred dollars nor more than maximum allowed by state law, or by confinement in a county or regional jail for not less than thirty days nor more than one year, or both, in the discretion of the court:
(1) The obtaining of or attempt to obtain a license by the use of fraud, deceit or willful misrepresentation;
(2) The practice or attempting to practice as a chiropractor without a license granted under the provisions of this article, or practicing or attempting to practice while the license is suspended or after the license has been revoked;
(3) The use of any title to induce belief that the use of the title is engaged in the practice of chiropractic, if the use of the title has not fully complied with the provisions of this article;
(4) The buying, selling or fraudulent procurement of any diploma of, or license to practice chiropractic; and
(5) The violation of any provision of this article regulating the practice of chiropractors.
(c) Each day any person violates a provision of this article is a separate and distinct offense.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.