§30-14-11. Refusal, suspension or revocation of license; suspension or revocation of certificate of authorization.
(a) The board may either refuse to issue or may suspend or revoke any license for any one or more of the following causes:
(1) Conviction of a felony, as shown by a certified copy of the record of the trial court;
(2) Conviction of a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude;
(3) Violation of any provision of this article regulating the practice of osteopathic physicians and surgeons;
(4) Fraud, misrepresentation or deceit in procuring or attempting to procure admission to practice;
(5) Gross malpractice;
(6) Advertising by means of knowingly false or deceptive statements;
(7) Advertising, practicing or attempting to practice under a name other than one's own;
(8) Habitual drunkenness, or habitual addiction to the use of morphine, cocaine or other habit-forming drugs.
(b) The board shall also have the power to suspend or revoke for cause any certificate of authorization issued by it. It shall have the power to reinstate any certificate of authorization suspended or revoked by it.
(c) An osteopathic physician licensed under this article may not be disciplined for providing expedited partner therapy in accordance with article four-f, chapter sixteen of this code.Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session