(a) The board shall issue a surveying license to an applicant who meets the following requirements:
(1) Is of good moral character;
(2) Is at least eighteen years of age;
(3) Is a citizen of the United States or is eligible for employment in the United States;
(4) Holds a high school diploma or its equivalent;
(5) Has not been convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude; and
(6) Has completed all of one of the education, experience and examination requirements set out in section eight of this article.
(b) An application for a surveying license shall be made on forms provided by the board and include the following:
(1) Name and address of the applicant;
(2) Applicant's education and experience;
(3) Location and date of passage of all the examinations;
(4) Names of five persons for reference, at least three of whom shall be licensees or persons authorized in another jurisdiction to engage in the practice of surveying, and who have knowledge of the applicant's work; and
(5) Any other information the board prescribes.
(c) An applicant shall pay all the applicable fees.
(d) A license to practice surveying issued by the board prior to July 1, 2010, shall for all purposes be considered a license issued under this article: Provided, That a person holding a license to practice surveying issued by the board prior to July 1, 2010, must renew the license pursuant to the provisions of this article.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.