(a) To be recognized as a surveyor intern by the board, a person must meet the following requirements:
(1) Is of good moral character;
(2) Is at least eighteen years of age;
(3) Is a citizen of the United States or is eligible for employment in the United States;
(4) Holds a high school diploma or its equivalent;
(5) Has not been convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude;
(6) Has completed one of the education requirements set out in section eight of this article; and
(7) Has passed an examination in the fundamentals of land surveying.
(b) A surveyor intern must pass the principles and practice of land surveying examination and the West Virginia examination within ten years of passing the fundamentals of land surveying examination. If the examinations are not passed within ten years, then the surveyor intern must retake the fundamentals of land surveying examination.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.