(a) To be eligible for a license to practice veterinary medicine under the provisions of this article, the applicant must:
(1) Be of good moral character;
(2) (A) Be a graduate of an accredited school approved by the board; or
(B) Be a graduate of a foreign veterinary school and hold a certificate of competence issued by a foreign veterinary graduate educational organization as approved by the board;
(3) Have passed the examinations required by the board;
(4) Be at least eighteen years of age;
(5) Be a citizen of the United States or be eligible for employment in the United States;
(6) Not have been convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude;
(7) Not have been convicted of a felony under the laws of any jurisdiction within five years preceding the date of application for licensure which conviction remains unreversed; and
(8) Not have been convicted of a misdemeanor or a felony under the laws of any jurisdiction at any time if the offense for which the applicant was convicted related to the practice of veterinary medicine or animal abuse or neglect.
(b) A person seeking a license under the provisions of this article shall submit an application on a form prescribed by the board and pay all applicable fees.
(c) An applicant from another jurisdiction shall comply with all the requirements of this article.
(d) A license to practice veterinary medicine issued by the board prior to July 1, 2010, shall for all purposes be considered a license issued under this article and may be renewed under this article.
(e) An application for a license to practice veterinary medicine submitted to the board prior to July 1, 2010, shall be considered in conformity with the licensing provisions of this article and the rules promulgated thereunder in effect at the time of the submission of the application.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.