(a) To be eligible to be a certified animal euthanasia technician a person must:
(1) Apply at least thirty days prior to the date the next written examinations are scheduled, using a form prescribed by the board;
(2) Have a high school diploma or GED;
(3) Pay application and examination fees;
(4) Complete the certified animal euthanasia technician's program established by the board;
(5) Pass the written and practical skills examinations;
(6) Pass the prescribed background check; and
(7) Complete all the other requirements established by the board.
(b) A certified animal euthanasia technician may practice animal euthanasia at a legally operated animal control facility.
(c) A person certified as an animal euthanasia technician by the board prior to July 1, 2010, shall for all purposes be considered certified under this article and may renew pursuant to the provisions of this article.