(b) The underlying purposes and policies of this chapter are:
(1) To simplify, clarify and modernize the law governing notaries public;
(2) To make uniform notary laws among the states enacting it; and
(3) To promote, serve and protect the public interest.
(c) In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) Words in the singular number include the plural, and words in the plural number include the singular;
(2) Words of the masculine gender include the feminine and the neuter; and
(3) Words of the neuter gender may refer to any gender when the sense so indicates.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2012 1st Special Session