WVC 29 B- 1 - 2
As used in this article:
(1) "Custodian" means the elected or appointed official
charged with administering a public body.
(2) "Person" includes any natural person, corporation,
partnership, firm or association.
(3) "Public body" means every state officer, agency,
department, including the executive, legislative and judicial
departments, division, bureau, board and commission; every county
and city governing body, school district, special district,
municipal corporation, and any board, department, commission
council or agency thereof; and any other body which is created by
state or local authority or which is primarily funded by the state
or local authority.
(4) "Public record" includes any writing containing
information prepared or received by a public body, the content or
context of which, judged either by content or context, relates to
the conduct of the public's business.
(5) "Writing" includes any books, papers, maps, photographs,
cards, tapes, recordings or other documentary materials regardless
of physical form or characteristics.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.