The administrator of the division of commerce, with respect to developing and maintaining Blennerhassett Island historical state park, may exercise all powers and duties granted to him and his predecessor in respect to the development and operation of other state parks, and in addition, is specifically authorized to:
(1) Establish and maintain an office in the county of Wood;
(2) Exercise his powers in the state of Ohio to the extent permitted by the laws of the state of Ohio;
(3) Enter into any agreement with the state of Ohio or any person, firm or corporation therein for the provision of electricity, water, sewer and such similar services to Blennerhassett Island as are necessary;
(4) Own or operate, or both, individually or in conjunction with any other public agency or any private person, firm or corporation, such facilities and equipment as he considers necessary or convenient for the implementation of his duties under this article. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, such facilities and equipment may include boats, docks, an amphitheatre, parking facilities, the reconstructed Blennerhassett mansion and other buildings; and
(5) Promulgate rules and regulations, in accordance with the provisions of chapter twenty-nine-a of this code, to implement and make effective the powers and duties vested in him by the provisions of this article and take such other steps as may, in his discretion, be necessary or expedient for the proper and effective development of Blennerhassett Island and related locations in the county of Wood into a major educational, cultural and recreational attraction.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.