(b) A person licensed under this article must carry a copy of the license on any job in which fire protection work is being performed.
(c) This article does not apply to:
(1) A person who personally performs fire protection work on a single family dwelling owned or leased, and occupied by that person;
(2) A person who performs fire protection work at any manufacturing plant or other industrial establishment as an employee of the person, firm or corporation operating the plant or establishment;
(3) A person who, while employed by a public utility or its affiliate, performs fire protection work in connection with the furnishing of public utility service.
(4) A person who performs fire protection work while engaging in the business of installing, altering or repairing water distribution or drainage lines outside the foundation walls of a building, public or private sewage treatment or water treatment systems including all associated structures or buildings, sewers or underground utility services;
(5) A person who performs fire protection work while engaged in the installation, extension, dismantling, adjustment, repair or alteration of a heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system, air-veyor system, air exhaust system or air handling system; or
(6) A person who performs fire protection work at a coal mine that is being actively mined or where coal is being processed.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2012 1st Special Session