(1) Establish minimum standards for gaming devices and supplies, including electronic or mechanical gaming devices;
(2) Approve, modify or reject game rules of play for all West Virginia Lottery table games proposed to be operated by a gaming licensee;
(3) Approve, modify or reject minimum internal control standards proposed by the licensee gaming facility for a West Virginia Lottery table game, including the maintenance of financial books and records;
(4) Provide staff to supervise, inspect and monitor the operation of any gaming facility, including inspection of gaming devices and supplies used in the operation to assure continuous compliance with all rules of the commission and provisions of this article;
(5) Establish minimum levels of insurance to be maintained with respect to a gaming facility;
(6) Investigate applicants to determine eligibility for any license and, where appropriate, select among competing applicants;
(7) Designate appropriate classifications of personnel to be employed in the operation of a gaming facility and establish appropriate licensing standards within the classifications;
(8) Issue all licenses;
(9) Charge and collect the taxes and fees authorized, required or specified in this article:
(i) Receive, accept and pay the specified percentage of taxes collected under sections twenty and twenty-one of this article into the Historic Resort Hotel Fund; and
(ii) Receive, accept and pay the specified percentage of taxes collected under sections twenty and twenty-one of this article into the Human Resource Benefit Fund;
(10) Maintain a record of all licenses issued;
(11) Keep a public record of all commission actions and proceedings; and
(12) File a written annual report to the Governor, the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Delegates on or before January 30 of each year and any additional reports as the Governor or Legislature may request.
(b) Powers. -- In addition to the powers set forth elsewhere in this article, the commission has the following powers:
(1) To sue to enforce any provision of this article by injunction;
(2) To hold hearings, administer oaths and issue subpoenas for the attendance of a witness to testify and to produce evidence;
(3) To enter a gaming facility at any time and without notice to ensure strict compliance with the rules of the commission;
(4) To bar, for cause, any person from entering or participating in any capacity in the operation of a gaming facility; and
(5) To exercise such other powers as may be necessary to effectuate the provisions of this article.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2013 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.