(b) At least two months before a license expires, the commission shall send to the licensee, by mail to the last known address, a renewal application form and notice that states:
(1) The date on which the current license expires;
(2) The date by which the commission must receive the renewal application for the renewal to be issued and mailed before the existing license expires; and
(3) The amount of the renewal fee.
(c) Before the license expires the licensee may renew it for successive additional five-year terms if the licensee:
(1) Otherwise is entitled to be licensed;
(2) Pays to the commission the following renewal fee:
(A) The sum of twenty-five thousand dollars for a license to operate a gaming facility;
(B) The sum of five thousand dollars for a license to supply a gaming facility; and
(C) As set by the commission by rule in the case of a license to be employed by an operator of a gaming facility, not to exceed three hundred dollars, which renewal fee may be paid on behalf of the licensee by the employer; and
(3) Submits to the commission a renewal application in the form that the commission requires accompanied by satisfactory evidence of compliance with any additional requirements set by rules of the commission for license renewal; and
(4) Submits to the commission evidence satisfactory to the commission of the gaming facility operator's compliance with the plan described in subdivision (4), subsection (b), section nine of this article to create at least one hundred full-time equivalent positions with a salary and benefit package commensurate with existing employees at the historic resort hotel. Notwithstanding any provision of subsection (d) of this section, the failure to substantially comply with the plan, as determined by the commission, may constitute grounds for the denial of the renewal of the license.
(d) The commission shall renew the license of each licensee who meets the requirements of this section.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.