(a) General. -- All racetrack table games licensees shall:
(1) Promptly report to the commission any facts or circumstances related to the operation of a racetrack with West Virginia Lottery table games which constitute a violation of state or federal law;
(2) Conduct all table games activities and functions in a manner which does not pose a threat to the public health, safety or welfare of the citizens of this state and which does not adversely affect the security or integrity of the operation of West Virginia Lottery table games;
(3) Hold the commission and this state harmless from and defend and pay for the defense of any and all claims which may be asserted against a racetrack licensee, the commission, the state or employees thereof, arising from the licensee's actions or omission while acting as an agent of the commission by operation of West Virginia Lottery table games pursuant to this article;
(4) Assist the commission in maximizing table games revenues;
(5) Give preference in hiring to existing employees who have expressed an interest in transferring to an entry level West Virginia Lottery Table games job and who have demonstrated the potential to succeed in that job. To enable these employees to develop the skills necessary to fill an entry level West Virginia Lottery table games position, a licensee shall provide customary industry training for entry level West Virginia Lottery table games jobs. The dates, times, place and manner of providing such training, the appropriate qualifications and certifications, the number of existing employees to be trained, the determination of standards for evaluating successful performance in live auditions for such positions and the determination of who shall be given West Virginia Lottery table game jobs shall be within the sole business discretion of the licensee's management, provided that among equally qualified applicants, as determined by the licensee, length of service shall be the determining factor;
(6) Maintain all records required by the commission;
(7) Upon request by the commission, provide the commission access to all records and the physical premises where the licensee's table games activities and related activities occur, for the purpose of monitoring or inspecting the licensee's activities and the table games, gaming equipment and security equipment;
(8) Keep current in all payments and obligations to the commission; and
(9) Conduct no less than two hundred twenty live racing dates for each horse or dog race meeting or such other number of live racing dates as may be approved by the racing commission in accordance with the provisions of section twelve-b, article twenty-three, chapter nineteen of this code, and otherwise keep in good standing, all licenses and permits granted by the racing commission pursuant to section six, article twenty-three, chapter nineteen of this code, and any rules promulgated thereunder.
(b) Specific. -- All racetrack table games licensees shall:
(1) Acquire West Virginia Lottery table games and gaming equipment by purchase, lease or other assignment and provide a secure location for the placement, operation and play of the table games and gaming equipment;
(2) Permit no person to tamper with or interfere with the operation of any West Virginia Lottery table game;
(3) Ensure that West Virginia Lottery table games are within the sight and control of designated employees of the licensed racetrack with West Virginia Lottery table games and under continuous observation by security equipment in conformity with specifications and requirements of the commission;
(4) Ensure that West Virginia Lottery table games are placed and remain placed in the specific locations within designated gaming areas at the licensed racetrack which have been approved by the commission. West Virginia Lottery table games at a licensed racetrack shall only be relocated in accordance with the rules of the commission;
(5) Maintain at all times sufficient cash and gaming tokens, chips and electronic cards or other electronic media;
(6) Install, post and display conspicuously at locations within or about the licensed racetrack with West Virginia Lottery table games, signs, redemption information and other promotional material as required by the commission; and
(7) Assume liability for stolen money from any table game.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2013 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.