(1) The ticket is fully legible and printed on paper approved by the commission and the ticket contains all information required by this article;
(2) The ticket is not mutilated, altered, unreadable or tampered with in any manner;
(3) The ticket is not counterfeit, in whole or in part; and
(4) The ticket is presented by a person authorized to play video lottery pursuant to this article.
(b) Each limited video lottery retailer shall redeem tickets during the business hours of operation. Credits shall be immediately paid in cash or by check when a player presents a valid ticket for payment. No credits may be paid in tokens, chips or merchandise. The limited video lottery retailer is responsible for all income tax reporting of prize payments paid to players above the threshold set by the United States Internal Revenue Service.
(1) A limited video lottery retailer may not redeem tickets for credits awarded on a video lottery terminal that is not located on its premises;
(2) A ticket must be presented for payment no later than ten days after the date the ticket is printed. The commission is not liable for the payment of any video lottery ticket credits.
(c) A limited video lottery retailer shall deface all redeemed tickets in a manner that prevents any subsequent presentment and payment.
(d) The commission is not responsible for any video lottery terminal malfunction that causes a credit to be wrongfully awarded or denied to players. The permittee is solely responsible for any wrongful award or denial of credits.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.