(1) Acquire video lottery terminals by purchase, lease or other assignment only from licensed manufacturers;
(2) Acquire no video lottery terminals in excess of the number he or she is authorized to operate in this state as stated in the permit issued under part 11 of this article;
(3) Pay for the installation and operation of commission approved telephone lines to provide direct dial-up or on-line communication between each video lottery terminal and the commission's central control computer;
(4) Purchase or lease and install computer controller units and other associated equipment required by the commission for video lottery terminals owned or leased by the permittee;
(5) Ensure that telephone lines from the commission's central control computer to the video lottery terminals located at the approved location are at all times connected, and prevent any person from tampering or interfering with the operation of the telephone lines;
(6) Assume financial responsibility for proper and timely payments of all credits awarded to players in accordance with legislative rules promulgated by the commission;
(7) Enter into contracts with a licensed operator, licensed manufacturer or other businesses to provide for the maintenance and repair of video lottery terminals and associated equipment only by individuals who are licensed service technicians or employ one or more licensed service technicians, and to provide for the placement of video lottery terminals pursuant to the provisions of this article;
(8) Promptly notify the commission in writing of any breaks or tears to any logic unit seals;
(9) Assume liability for all amounts due to the commission in connection with any money lost or stolen from any video lottery terminal; and
(10) Maintain a separate bank account into which the limited video lottery retailer shall deposit the gross terminal income from all of the limited video lottery retailer's video lottery terminals.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.