(1) Is connected to the commission's central control computer by an on-line or dial-up communication system;
(2) Is initiated by a player's insertion of coins or currency into a video lottery terminal, which causes game play credits to be displayed on the video lottery terminal and, with respect to which, each game play credit entitles a player to choose one or more symbols or numbers or to cause the video lottery terminal to randomly select symbols or numbers;
(3) Allows the player to win additional game play credits based upon game rules which establish the random selection of winning combinations of symbols or numbers or both and the number of free-play credits to be awarded for each winning combination of symbols or numbers or both;
(4) Is based upon computer-generated random selection of winning combinations based totally or predominantly on chance;
(5) In the case of a video lottery game which allows the player an option to select replacement symbols or numbers or additional symbols or numbers after the game is initiated and in the course of play, either: (A) Signals the player, prior to any optional selection by the player of randomly generated replacement symbols or numbers, as to which symbols or numbers should be retained by the player to present the best chance, based upon probabilities, that the player may select a winning combination; (B) signals the player, prior to any optional selection by the player of randomly generated additional symbols or numbers, as to whether the additional selection presents the best chance, based upon probabilities, that the player may select a winning combination; or (C) randomly generates additional or replacement symbols and numbers for the player after automatically selecting the symbols and numbers which should be retained to present the best chance, based upon probabilities, for a winning combination, so that in any event, the player is not permitted to benefit from any personal skill, based upon a knowledge of probabilities, before deciding which optional numbers or symbols to choose in the course of video lottery game play;
(6) Allows a player at any time to simultaneously clear all game play credits and print a redemption ticket entitling the player to receive the cash value of the free plays cleared from the video lottery terminal; and
(7) Does not use game themes of roulette, dice or baccarat card games commonly associated with casino gambling: Provided, That games having a video display depicting symbols that appear to roll on drums to simulate a classic casino slot machine, game themes of other card games and keno may be used.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2012 1st Special Session