(1) Ten percent of the proceeds shall be tendered to the office of the prosecuting attorney which initiated the forfeiture proceeding; and
(2) The balance shall be deposited in a special law-enforcement investigation fund. The fund may be placed in any interest-bearing depository insured by an agency of the federal government. The fund shall be administered by the chief of the law-enforcement agency that seized the forfeited property.
(b) No funds shall be expended from the special law-enforcement investigation fund except as follows:
(1) In the case of the funds belonging to the West Virginia state police, the funds shall only be expended at the direction of the superintendent and in accordance with the provisions of section 5A-2-15 and subsection 12-2-2(j) of this code;
(2) In the case of funds belonging to the office of either the sheriff or prosecuting attorney of any county in which the special fund has been created, the funds therein may only be expended in the manner provided in sections 7-5-4 and 5 of this code; and
(3) In the case of funds belonging to the police department of any municipality in which the special fund has been created, the funds therein may only be expended in the manner provided in section 8-13-22 of this code.