(b) Manufacturers shall submit to the commission the following information on each training program conducted:
(1) An outline of the training curriculum;
(2) A list of the instructors and their qualifications;
(3) Instructional materials; and
(4) The time, dates and location of the training programs.
(c) Manufacturers shall notify all licensed permittees who have purchased or leased that manufacturer's video lottery terminals of all scheduled training programs.
(d) The manufacturers shall schedule training programs at convenient locations within this state to facilitate attendance by service technicians.
(e) Manufacturers shall inform licensed permittees of any new developments in the service and repair of video lottery terminals and provide appropriate subsequent training programs.
(f) The manufacturers shall issue a training certificate to each person upon successful completion of a video lottery training program.
(g) The certificate shall include the name of the person who completed the training program and the date and the location of the training program.
(h) A person who successfully completes training is eligible for a service technician's license.
(i) No person may conduct maintenance (other than clearing paper ticket jams or clearing coin and bill acceptor jams) on any video lottery terminal or associated equipment unless the commission has issued a service technician license to that person.
(j) Each manufacturer shall file with the commission the following information within two weeks after the completion of a training program:
(1) The name of each person who attended and completed the training program;
(2) The name of the manufacturer offering the course;
(3) The manufacturer's video lottery terminal models on which training for service and repair was provided;
(4) The date and location of the training program; and
(5) Copies of all certificates of completion.