(b) All video lottery terminals in licensed racetracks shall be physically located as follows:
(1) The video lottery location shall be continuously monitored through the use of a closed circuit television system capable of recording activity for a continuous 24-hour period. All video tapes shall be retained for a period of at least thirty days;
(2) Access to video lottery terminal locations shall be restricted to persons legally entitled by age to play video lottery games;
(3) The licensed racetrack shall submit for commission approval a floor plan of the area or areas where video lottery terminals are to be operated showing terminal locations and security camera mount locations;
(4) No video lottery terminal may be relocated without prior approval from the commission; and
(5) Operational video lottery terminals may only be located in the building or structure in which the grandstand area of the racetrack is located and in the area of the building or structure where pari-mutuel wagering is permitted under the provisions of article twenty-three, chapter nineteen of this code: Provided, That if the commission, before the first day of November, one thousand nine hundred ninety-three, has authorized any racetrack to operate video lottery terminals and offer video lottery games in a location which would not conform to the requirements of this subdivision, the racetrack may continue to use video lottery terminals registered with and approved by the commission at that nonconforming location and to offer the games and any variations or composites of the games as may be approved by the commission.
(c) A licensee shall allow video lottery games to be played only on days when live racing is being conducted at the racetrack and/or on televised racing days: Provided, That this restriction shall not apply to any racetrack authorized by the commissioner prior to the first day of November, one thousand nine hundred ninety-three, to operate video lottery terminals and conduct video lottery games.
(d) Security personnel shall be present during all hours of operation at each video lottery terminal location. Each license holder shall employ the number of security personnel the commission determines is necessary to provide for safe and approved operation of the video lottery facilities and the safety and well-being of the players.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2012 1st Special Session