(1) Has attained the age of sixty years;
(2) Has resided in the state for at least one year immediately preceding the application;
(3) Has not made an assignment or transfer of property for the purpose of qualifying for public assistance;
(4) Is in need of continuing institutional care because of his physical or mental condition;
(5) Is actually in need and has not sufficient income or other resources to provide a subsistence compatible with decency and health; and
(6) Has no children, father, brothers, sisters or mother of sufficient financial ability to support such person in the manner required by the department of welfare.
No person shall be admitted to said home except upon the recommendation of the department of welfare, or unless such person be qualified to admission to said home under the provisions of sections three and four of this article.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.