(a) No contract for correctional services may authorize, allow or imply a delegation of the authority or responsibility of the contracting agency to a prison contractor for any of the following:
(1) Developing or implementing procedures for calculating inmate release and parole eligibility dates;
(2) Developing or implementing procedures for calculating and awarding good time;
(3) Approving inmates for work release;
(4) Approving the type of work inmates may perform and the wages or good time, if any, which may be given to inmates engaging in such work;
(5) Granting, denying or revoking good time; and
(6) Recommending that the contracting state's parole authority either deny or grant parole, although the contractor may submit written reports that have been prepared in the ordinary course of business.
(b) Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection (a) of this section, the contractor may use inmates for community service upon the request and approval of the political subdivision where the prison is located.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2013 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.