(b) Any rules proposed by the board must exempt from the statewide addressing and mapping standards any county or municipality that has completed city-type addressing under the authority granted in section three, article one, chapter seven of this code or otherwise.
(c) In proposing any rules, the board shall consider all relevant factors, including, but not limited to, the following:
(1) The system and costs of administering a city-type addressing system;
(2) The system and costs of separately naming or renaming roads and streets;
(3) The desirability of standard road and street suffixes;
(4) The desirability of standards for driveways and private roads;
(5) The desirability of standard address numbering increments;
(6) The system and costs of assigning address numbers;
(7) The system and costs for road naming and numbering for neighboring localities;
(8) The desirability of standards using digital mapping, geographic information systems and global positioning systems;
(9) The desirability of standards applicable to road signs;
(10) The desirability for requirements for displaying address numbers; and
(11) The desirability of the adoption of national emergency number association standards.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.