(a) "Authority" means the Water Development Authority provided for in section four, article one of this chapter.
(b) "Cost" as applied to any project financed under the provisions of this article means the total of all costs incurred by a local entity that are reasonable and necessary for carrying out all works and undertakings necessary or incident to the accomplishment of any project including:
(1) Developmental, planning and feasibility studies, surveys, plans and specifications;
(2) Architectural, engineering, financial, legal or other special services;
(3) Acquisition of land and any buildings and improvements on the land or buildings, including the discharge of any obligations of the sellers of the land, buildings or improvements;
(4) Site preparation and development, including demolition or removal of existing structures, construction and reconstruction, labor, materials, machinery and equipment;
(5) The reasonable costs of financing incurred by the local entity in the course of the development of the project, carrying charges incurred before placing the project in service, interest on funds borrowed to finance the project to a date subsequent to the estimated date the project is to be placed in service, necessary expenses incurred in connection with placing the project in service and the funding of accounts and reserves which the authority may require; and
(6) Other items that the Department of Environmental Protection determines to be reasonable and necessary.
(c) "Fund" means the State Water Pollution Control Revolving Fund provided for in this article as it may be expanded or modified, from time to time, pursuant to the Clean Water Act, 33 U.S.C. §1251, et seq., as amended, the Federal Safe Drinking Water Act 42 U.S.C. §300f through §300j-26, inclusive, as amended, or by the executive order of the Governor issued to comply with federal laws relating to the acts.
(d) "Instrumentality" means the Department of Environmental Protection or the agency designated by an order of the Governor as having the primary responsibility for administering the fund pursuant to the Clean Water Act, 33 U.S.C. §1251, et seq., as amended, and the Federal Safe Drinking Water Act 42 U.S.C. §300f through §300j-26, inclusive, as amended, or other federal laws.
(e) "Local entity" means any county, city, town, municipal corporation, authority, district, public service district, commission, banking institution, political subdivision, regional governmental authority, state government agency, interstate agency or not-for-profit association or corporation in West Virginia.
(f) "Project" means any water or wastewater treatment facility located or to be located in or outside this state by a local entity and includes:
(1) Sewage and wastewater collection, treatment and disposal facilities;
(2) Public water transportation, treatment and distribution facilities;
(3) Drainage facilities and projects;
(4) Administrative, maintenance, storage and laboratory facilities related to the facilities delineated in subdivisions (1), (2) and (3) of this subsection;
(5) Interests in land related to the facilities delineated in subdivisions (1), (2), (3) and (4) of this subsection; and
(6) Other projects allowable under federal law.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.