Unless the context clearly requires a different meaning, as used in this chapter the following terms have the meanings ascribed to them:
(1) "Board" or "boards" means the applicable board continued pursuant to the provisions of this chapter, including the air quality board, the environmental quality board and the surface mine board;
(2) "Chief" means the chief of the office of water resources or the chief of the office of waste management or the chief of the office of air quality or the chief of the office of oil and gas or the chief of the office of mining and reclamation or any other person who has been delegated authority by the director, all of the division of environmental protection, as the case may be;
(3) "Director" means the director of the division of environmental protection or the director's designated representative;
(4) "Division" means the division of environmental protection of the department of commerce, labor and environmental resources;(5) "Member" means an individual appointed to one of the boards or the ex officio members of the air quality board; and
(6) "Person" or "persons" means any public or private corporation, institution, association, firm or company organized or existing under the laws of this or any other state or country; the state of West Virginia; governmental agency; political subdivision; county commission; municipal corporation; industry; sanitary district; public service district; drainage district; soil conservation district; watershed improvement district; partnership; trust; estate; person or individual; group of persons or individuals acting individually or as a group; or any other legal entity whatever.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2012 1st Special Session