The terms used in this article are defined as follows:
(1) "Air pollutants" means solids, liquids or gases which, if discharged into the air, may result in a statutory air pollution.
(2) "Board" means the air quality board continued pursuant to the provisions of article two, chapter twenty-two-b of this code.
(3) "Director" means the director of the division of environmental protection or such other person to whom the director has delegated authority or duties pursuant to sections six or eight, article one, chapter twenty-two of this code.
(4) "Discharge" means any release, escape or emission of air pollutants into the air.
(5) "Person" means any and all persons, natural or artificial, including the state of West Virginia or any other state, the United States of America, any municipal, statutory, public or private corporation organized or existing under the laws of this or any other state or country, and any firm, partnership or association of whatever nature.
(6) "Statutory air pollution" means and is limited to the discharge into the air by the act of man of substances (liquid, solid, gaseous, organic or inorganic) in a locality, manner and amount as to be injurious to human health or welfare, animal or plant life, or property, or which would interfere with the enjoyment of life or property.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.