(b) The quarrying and reclamation plan is required to be completed by a person approved by the director. It shall include the following information:
(1) The purpose for which the land to be permitted was previously used;
(2) The proposed useful purposes of the land following completion of quarrying;
(3) A general description of the manner in which the land is to be opened for quarrying and how the quarrying activity is to progress across the permitted area and an approximate time frame for reclamation of each area or phase of the quarrying;
(4) The manner in which topsoil is to be conserved and used in reclamation and, if conditions do not permit conservation and restoration of all or part of the topsoil, an explanation of the conditions and proposed alternative procedures;
(5) The description of the proposed final topography for the applicant's proposed land use after reclamation is completed and the proposed method of accomplishment;
(6) The practices to provide public safety for adjacent properties and provisions for fencing, berms or other site improvements reasonably necessary to assure safety at the permitted site after mining and reclamation is completed; and
(7) The manner and type of revegetation or other surface treatment of the disturbed area.
(c) An application for a permit shall indicate the existence of known, threatened or endangered species located within the proposed permit boundary as defined by federal Endangered Species Act of 1973.
(d) The application shall provide the information on slope gradient and fill plans as required in section eighteen of this article.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.