(1) The bureau of employment programs, by its commissioner, is hereby authorized and empowered to establish a training program for qualified veteran medical personnel and former military medical corpsmen under the "medex" training program for the training of medical assistants or any similar program.
(2) The commissioner, on behalf of the bureau, may do any and all acts necessary to establish and operate such training program within the state of West Virginia.
(3) The commissioner is hereby empowered and authorized to receive funds to finance such program from agencies of the United States government, including the department of labor, the veterans administration and the department of health, education and welfare, and from other appropriate fund sources.
(4) In order to assist in the administration of this program, the commissioner shall appoint an advisory committee consisting of not more than nine members which members shall be qualified medical professionals and shall consist of representatives of state medical departments and the state medical association. This committee shall be advisory to the commissioner and shall determine general guidelines for the development and promotion of the program.
(5) The trainee under this program shall work under the supervision of a licensed physician for a period of one year and shall receive an appropriate training allowance.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.