The bureau, through the commissioner and the advisory council, shall take all steps to:
(1) Reduce and prevent unemployment.
(2) Encourage and assist in the adoption of practical methods of vocational training and guidance.
(3) Encourage the establishment by the state and local subdivisions of public works reserves to finance construction programs in times of unemployment.
(4) Promote reemployment and employment readjustment between industries.
(5) Conduct researches and investigations toward these ends and publish the results.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.