(1) Regulate its own procedure and practice;
(2) Propose rules for legislative approval in accordance with the provisions of article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code, to implement the provisions of this article and the federal standards;
(3) Advise the commissioner in all matters within his jurisdiction under this article;
(4) Prepare and submit to HUD a state plan application seeking the designation of the board as a state administrative agency for the purpose of administering and enforcing the federal standards and take all other action necessary to enable the board to serve as a state administrative agency;
(5) Study and report to the governor and the Legislature on matters pertinent to the manufacture, distribution and sale of manufactured housing in this state and recommend changes in the law determined by the board to be necessary to promote consumer safety and protect purchasers of manufactured housing;
(6) Conduct hearings and presentations of views consistent with its rules and the federal standards;
(7) Approve or disapprove applications for licenses to manufacturers, dealers, distributors and contractors in accordance with section nine of this article, and revoke or suspend licenses in accordance with that section, and set the amounts of license fees and bonds or other forms of assurance in accordance with sections nine and ten of this article;
(8) Delegate to and authorize the commissioner to exercise the powers and duties of the board that the board may determine, including without limitation, the authority to approve, disapprove, revoke or suspend licenses in accordance with section nine of this article.
(b) Any person adversely affected by a decision of the board or the commissioner shall be afforded an opportunity for hearing before the board in accordance with section one, article five, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2013 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.