(1) During school hours, except as provided in work experience and career exploration programs approved by the United States Secretary of Labor;
(2) Before seven o'clock antemeridian or after seven o'clock postmeridian: Provided, That a child under the age of sixteen may work until nine o'clock postmeridian from the first day of June through Labor Day;
(3) More than three hours per day, on days in which public schools are in session;
(4) More than eighteen hours per week, in weeks in which public schools are in session;
(5) More than eight hours, on days in which public schools are not in session;
(6) More than forty hours per week, in weeks in which public schools are not in session; or
(7) More than five hours continuously without an interval of at least thirty minutes for a lunch period.
(b) The provisions of subsection (a) of this section do not apply to children under sixteen performing the jobs set out in section one of this article.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.