(a) The division of labor shall:
(1) Encourage employers and employees to reduce existing environmental and hazardous waste hazards and to implement new or improved existing safety and health programs;
(2) Provide technical advice and information relating to environmental hazards and waste hazards;
(3) Develop and implement training programs to increase the employer and employee competence in managing and correcting environmental hazards and waste hazards;
(4) Develop and coordinate an information network relating to applicable environmental and hazardous waste law affecting the business community in West Virginia;
(5) Offer a program of on-site consultation to assist businesses in identifying environmental hazards and waste hazards; and
(6) Offer to businesses an off-site program by telephone or correspondence for information and assistance in complying with environmental regulation.
(b) The commissioner of labor shall develop and implement rules, regulations and administrative guidelines required to effectuate the purposes of this article.
(c) In carrying out the duties and responsibilities imposed by the provisions of subsection (a) of this subsection, or in developing and implementing rules, regulations and administrative guidelines in accordance with the provisions of subsection (b) of this section, the division of labor and the commissioner shall not expend any state funds or utilize any personnel of the division for the training of any permanent replacement employee, unless and until such permanent replacement employee has been determined by the commissioner to have been legally employed.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.