(a) Pursuant to the provisions of chapter twenty-nine-a of this code, the board shall adopt rules and regulations relating to the following:
(1) The minimum qualifications for applicants for examination and license in each of the following specified classes of contractor:
(A) Electrical contractor;
(B) General building contractor;
(C) General engineering contractor;
(D) Heating, ventilating and cooling contractor;
(E) Multifamily contractor;
(F) Piping contractor;
(G) Plumbing contractor;
(H) Residential contractor; or
(I) Specialty contractor;
(2) The content of examinations for applicants in each class;
(3) Procedures for application, examination and license renewal, and the manner in which the examination will be conducted;
(4) The continued competency of licensees for purposes of renewal and reinstatement of licenses; and
(5) Procedures for disciplinary action before the board.
(b) The board shall:
(1) Hold at least one examination in each calendar quarter for each specific classification of contractor, designate the time and place of such examinations, and notify applicants thereof;
(2) Request, through the division, investigation of any alleged violation of this article or of the regulations;
(3) Forward results of examinations to the division within twenty days following the examination;
(4) Notify the commissioner and board members of meeting dates and agenda items at least five days prior to such meetings; and
(5) Take minutes and records of all meetings and proceedings.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.