(2) The Legislature declares that there is an ultimate limit to how many state parks and state forests, based upon its size, population and financial resources, the State of West Virginia can support. Further, the Legislature hereby declares that it is within its authority to establish, provide for and maintain limits on state parks and state forests.
(b) Without written notice to the Joint Committee on Government and Finance, neither the director nor an officer, employee or agent of the Division of Natural Resources may:
(1) Acquire, or authorize the acquisition of, land for any new state park or state forest; or
(2) Construct, or authorize the construction of, any new facility or building in any state park or state forest.
(c) Notice to the Joint Committee on Government and Finance is not required for the following acquisitions and construction projects:
(1) The director may authorize the construction of any new facility or building that is constructed with donated funds, materials and labor in an existing state park or state forest; and
(2) The director may construct or authorize the construction of any new facility or building built by state employees when the total cost of materials does not exceed twenty-five thousand dollars.
(d) Nothing in this section shall prohibit the director from expending any appropriations that are designated to complete land acquisitions or the construction of facilities and buildings, including electric, water and sewage systems for state parks and state forests.
(e) The director shall require that any new building has a roof of sufficient slope in accordance with the current state building code.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2012 1st Special Session