(1) The Commissioner of Agriculture or the commissioner's designee who shall serve as chairman of the board;
(2) A representative from the Division of Natural Resources;
(3) A representative from the Department of Environmental Protection;
(4) A representative from the West Virginia University Extension Service;
(5) Two industry representatives currently conducting for-profit aquaculture or aquaculture related activities in West Virginia; and
(6) One at-large member appointed at the discretion of the commissioner.
(b) Clerical and other assistance shall be provided by the Department of Agriculture.
(c) The board shall review state and federal policies, laws and regulations affecting aquaculture and recommend changes which may be necessary or useful to carry out the purposes of this article.
(d) The board shall present its recommendations to the Department of Agriculture.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.