(1) If the applicant be an individual, the full name and address of the applicant;
(2) If the applicant be a partnership, firm or association, the full name and address of each partner or member thereof, the name of the partnership, firm or association and its post-office address;
(3) If the applicant be a corporation, its name, the state of its incorporation, its post-office address, the full name and address of each officer and director thereof, and if a foreign corporation, whether it is qualified to do business in this state;
(4) The dates, totaling not less than two hundred, such applicant intends to hold or conduct such horse or dog race meeting (which may be on any day including Sundays);
(5) The location of the horse or dog racetrack, place or enclosure where such applicant proposes to hold or conduct such horse or dog race meeting;
(6) Whether the applicant, any partner, member, officer or director has previously applied for a license under the provisions of this article or for a similar license in this or any other state, and if so, whether such license was issued or refused, and, if issued, whether it was ever suspended or revoked; and
(7) Such other information as the racing commission may reasonably require which may include information relating to any criminal record of the applicant, if an individual, or of each partner or member, if a partnership, firm or association, or of each officer and director, if a corporation.
(b) Such application shall be verified by the oath or affirmation of the applicant for such license, if an individual, or if the applicant is a partnership, firm, association or corporation, by a partner, member or officer thereof, as the case may be. When required by the racing commission, an applicant for a license shall also furnish evidence satisfactory to the racing commission of such applicant's ability to pay all taxes due the state, purses, salaries of officials and other expenses incident to the horse or dog race meeting for which a license is sought. In the event the applicant is not able to furnish such satisfactory evidence of such applicant's ability to pay such expenses and fees, the racing commission may require bond or other adequate security before the requested license is issued.
(c) Any person desiring to obtain a permit, as required by the provisions of section two of this article, shall make application therefor on a form prescribed by the racing commission. The application for any such permit shall be accompanied by the fee prescribed therefor by the racing commission. Each applicant for a permit shall set forth in the application such information as the racing commission shall reasonably require.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2013 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.