(b) Application for a certificate of registration shall be made in writing to the commissioner on forms provided by the commissioner. Each application shall contain:
(1) The name and business address of the person applying for the certificate;
(2) A list of the seeds to be offered for sale;
(3) A consent for the commissioner to inspect and audit all sales invoices and records; and
(4) Any other necessary information prescribed by the commissioner.
(c) The commissioner shall require an annual fee of one dollar for each certificate of registration so issued.
(d) The commissioner shall cancel any certificate of registration upon receiving satisfactory evidence that any provisions of this article or any rules and regulations issued by the commissioner under the auspices of this article have been violated.
(e) Certificates of registration issued by the commissioner shall expire at the end of the calendar year of issue next after date of issue unless sooner revoked as herein provided.
(f) Any person who sells, offers to sell or exposes for sale or distribution any such seed shall report to the commissioner, on forms prescribed by the commissioner, on or before the fifteenth day of April, July, October and January of each year the net pounds of seeds sold by kind or variety and shall pay a state seed fee on such poundage as provided in the following schedule:
(1) For forest, tobacco, alfalfa, clovers and all grass or mixtures of any of these, and all vegetable seeds, except those packaged in units of eight ounces or less and sold from display units, ten cents for each one hundred pounds.
(2) For all other agricultural seeds, five cents for each one hundred pounds.
(3) For seed potatoes, two cents for each one hundred pounds.
(4) For vegetable seeds packaged in containers of eight ounces or less and sold from display units, one dollar per display unit which shall be paid through the purchase of seed stamps from the commissioner with such seed stamps being attached in a conspicuous place to each and every display unit.
(g) A dealer shall not be required to register or pay the seed fee on any agricultural, forest, or vegetable seed, or seed potato which he can prove was currently registered and with the fees paid by a person entitled to do so.
(h) All moneys collected in the enforcement of this article shall be deposited in a special revenue fund with the state treasurer, and shall be expended on order of the commissioner.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.